Thank you for choosing us! We hope this information will help ensure your time with us is as pleasant as possible.
Preparation for Surgery
- Refrain from eating or drinking anything after midnight before your surgery.
- Bring a list of your current medications (including vitamins & supplements). Do not take any medications, including insulin or oral diabetic medication unless otherwise instructed.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- No more than two family members or patient visitors are permitted to accompany the patient to the pre-operative and postoperative areas.
- As a courtesy to fasting patients, we ask that family members/visitors refrain from bringing food into the facility.
- If you do not have a family member/visitor to drive you home, please bring the name and telephone number of the person we will be calling to pick you up.
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Bathe or shower prior to coming to the Surgery Center. This can minimize the chance of infection.
- Remove all makeup, hairpieces and jewelry.
Care of Children
We recognize that the presence of a parent or guardian can provide a great source of comfort. We encourage parents to stay with their child in the pre-operative area and in the recovery room. If desired, we can arrange for a tour of the center for you and your child prior to the day of surgery. Please call for an appointment.
- Bring your child in cotton pajamas (preferably short sleeved & two-pieced) or loose cotton clothing.
- Please leave other children at home so you may give your full attention to the child having surgery.
- You will receive discharge instructions from the recovery nurse which will be reviewed with you and your escort prior to leaving the Surgery Center.
- Remember that you cannot drive or be left alone after your surgery for 24 hours if you have received any sedation or pain medication, unless otherwise instructed.
- It is not unusual to feel drowsy and a little dizzy for several hours after anesthesia, so rest and allow healing to begin.
- Unless otherwise instructed, return to your normal diet by starting with liquids and progressing to a normal diet as tolerated.
Our facility is located at:
6399 Directors Parkway, Suite 100
Abilene, Texas 79606
Abilene Regional Surgery Center is a Medicare/Medicaid certified facility and we accept Medicare assignment. Medicare requires that the patient or secondary insurance is responsible for 20 percent of the allowable fee. The Surgery Center fee does not include charges from the surgeon, anesthesia provider, or any lab, pathology or radiology services. We are required by contract to collect all insurance co-payments and co-insurance amounts (including deductible if not previously satisfied). These are due at the time of service unless prior arrangements have been made. If your procedure is not covered by insurance, full payment is required at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made with the Business Office. Personal checks, cash and credit cards are accepted.